h1

A Completed Roman

April 29, 2009

Roman

He’s finished, whew! I’ve been working on this guy all month. Like my Greek woman, he was a study in anatomy as well as garb. This is my first time doing full on armor; I did a lot of research for it. I used metallic paint on the armor. I used sand, rocks, and train set “turf” on the base.

He has a super sturdy armature with the wire running through the spear and tightly attached to each hand. I will be posting progress photos tomorrow to show how he started out. The spear and hands weren’t added till very last.

He stands about 14″ tall and is a mix of Super Sculpey and Sculpey Firm clays.

I worked on my Dexter bust most of the day today. He is slowly looking more and more accurate. Stay tuned!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: